- 1Preheat oven to 350F.
- 2Remove apple cores (but keep bottom of apple intact) and peel a bit around core opening.
- 3Place apples in shallow baking pan.
- 4Stir together dried fruit and nuts in a small bowl.
- 5Add water and spices to saucepan and heat until it boils. Simmer at low heat for 2 minutes.
- 6Fill each apple core with nut mixture.
- 7Spoon the hot water mixture over each apple.
- 8Place pan in oven for 30-35minutes or until apples are soft.
- 9Top with @siggisdairy and #pomegranate. Enjoy!
Who wants #applepie for breakfast?! Or lunch, snack or dessert? Fall means #appleseason. Whether you have gone #applepicking , are buying apples from the supermarket, #farmersmarket or serving them for #Thanksgiving , please enjoy! They are high in #solublefiber (great for digestion and heart health) and even help keep your teeth white. Try this healthy recipe below. I LOVE eating mine topped with @siggisdairy to make a balanced meal with #leanprotein. Plus with the #antioxidants from the #pomegranateseeds and #Omega3sin the #walnuts this is a super #nutrientdense meal! I LOVED having mine for breakfast this morning!