Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 1.5 cups of mashed banana (about 3 medium ripe bananas)
- 1/3 cup liquid coconut oil (I melt and cool solid coconut oil)
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar or powdered maple sugar (I use the maple.)
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Use a nonstick spray to coat muffin tray or add liners.
- 2Place wet ingredients in a medium mixing bowl and mix with an electric mixer or by hand with a spoon/spatula.
- 3Once mixed well, add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and continue to mix with a spatula (Do not overmix the batter can get lumpy and thick!)1
- 4Bake in the oven for 5 minutes on 400 degrees then reduce to 375 degrees for 20 minutes or until fully baked. (Stick a toothpick in and if it comes out clean, they are done.)
- 5Keep in the fridge for about 7 days in Tupperware container or freeze for longer.
When your son calls you the best cook ever because you made him these Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins, you don’t mind making them again! I often make these when I have overripe bananas. And for those of you who don’t love 🍌 , my son can attest to the fact that they actually don’t have a strong banana flavor. My boys love these and often enjoy them for breakfast! Let me know what you think and tag me if you try!
Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins: (makes 9 standard-sized muffins)